Man Alive book review
By Patrick Morley
When I received this book I was thinking great another book about how men need to be men. I had read Wild at Heart a couple of times and it just didn’t work for me. But I was intrigued after reading the description I thought I would give it a try.
The book really comes down to knowing the word of God. Without it we really don’t know who we are. There isn’t a quick fix for our lives it is only done through transformation by knowing God and who we are in Him.
Patrick addresses our primal needs and how to fulfill the needs. Below is a list of our primal needs:
1. To feel like you don’t have to do life alone
2. To believe that God knows, loves, and cares about us personally
3. To believe life has a purpose and isn’t random
4. Being able to break free from destructive patterns
5. To satisfy the soul’s thirst for transcendence, awe, and communion
6. To love and be loved without reservation
7. To make the world a better place.
It includes a study guide that would be great for a small group to go through.
I received this book for an honest review from the publisher.